Access to a computer for tutors and the assessor with:
- Computer monitor – we recommend a screen resolution of 1024×768 pixels.
- Internet connection – we recommend you use a reliable broadband-speed connection to be able to handle progressively downloaded videos and virtual classroom sessions with aurdio.
- A good qualité USB headset with headphones and microphone built in.
Minimum hardware requirements
We recommend the following minimum hardware specifications to run the course:
- All versions of Windows Vista 1GHz processor with 1GB RAM
- All versions of Windows 7 1GHz processor with 1GB RAM
- All version of Windows 8 1 GHz processor with 2GB RAM
- Mac OSX 10.3 or higher 1GHz with 1BG RAM
Please note: The course has been developed using Flash and so will NOT run on an iPad.
The download speed of the videos included on the course will depend both on your hardware configuration and the speed of tour broadband connection. If the streaming stops after a short while then it is advisable to wait until the download is complete.
a) Web browser
You will need an up-to-date web browser to run the course. We recommend the following browsers:
- Firefox 3 or higher
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher
Downloads of browsers :
b) Miscrosoft Word
You will need Microsoft Word for the course (either PC or Mac version). You can find a free alternative, Open Office available for download
Mac users who do not have a copy of Word installed may wish to use the open source (free) Libre office
although not all course features will work as well as Microsoft.
c) Required plugins
Your browser will require the following plugins to be installed and enabled:
To check if you have the correct plugins installed, please click on the links above. If you are not using your own computer please note that you may need to contact your institution’s IT administrator to be able to change your browser settings or install plugins.