TEACHER DEVELOPMENT - Customized Methodology
AT WILL YOU LEARN ?
Learn new techniques and develop teaching theories and methods in the context of the CEF and Cambridge English exams at ILC France in Paris.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR ?
Practicing teachers who want to improve their teaching communication skills.
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE ?
A two-day customized course
These modules are customized according to the needs expressed and include :
- Current Trends: Theory and Practice in English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Classroom Skills for Primary Teachers
- Classroom Skills for Secondary Teachers
Teacher development courses are very practical and interactive and will give you lots of ideas that you can use in your own classroom.
MODULE CONTENT : CURRENT TRENDS
Theory and Practice in English Language Teaching (ELT) covers:
- Underlying principles of teaching a second language with practical techniques tor implementing.
- How to motivate learners at different language levels.
- How to use technology in lessons
- How to design a syllabus
- How to cope with big classes and implement task-based learning.
MODULE CONTENT : CLASSROOM SKILLS FOR PRIMARY TEACHERS
Classroom Skills for Primary Teachers is a special teaching development module for English language teachers. It is aimed at teachers working in the UK or overseas whose first language is not English.
The module will give you practical ideas for classroom management and teaching communication skills for primary level (5-10 years old). The techniques can be applied whether you are teaching English as a second language, or even as a third language.
- Overview of different primary teaching approaches and evaluation of the teaching materials available for children at this level.
- Teaching classroom management, and how to use English songs, games and stories for primary school learners.
MODULE CONTENT : CLASSROOM SKILLS FOR SECONDARY TEACHERS
Classroom Skills for Secondary Teachers is a special teaching development module for English language teachers. It is aimed at teachers working in the UK or overseas whose first language is not English. The module is very practical and looks at the different communication skills for teaching children (10-12 years) and teenagers (13-15 years).
- Study of relevant aspects of child development for this age group.
- Best practices in how to optimize language skills.
- Techniques for improving pronunciation
- Effective classroom management
- Evaluate the teaching materials available for this age range to help you choose the best resources for planning and delivering your own English language lessons.
At ILC France – 13 passage Dauphine 75006 Paris or by visioconference
Contact us 01 44 41 80 23